13 Questions You Must ask Your Stylist
Posted on August 07 2017
I don't know about you, but when most people get their haircut, they spend most of their time chatting to their stylist about their boyfriends and celeb gossip or their problems. But, according to Stephen Ramsey at Christopher Stephens Salon, that's the exact opposite of what you should be doing. Oops...
His reasoning: Your hairstylist is a goldmine of info about your hair, figuring out your face shape, styling products and techniques and you're cheating yourself if you don't grill him or her for the details while you're sitting in the chair.
It makes sense and would explain why I can never make my hair look as good as it does at the salon so I asked him what vital questions we should be asking.
Before the Haircut:
1. Will this work with my hair type?
2. Will this flatter my face shape?
3. (If you're coloring your hair) Will this work with my skin tone?
During the Haircut:
4. What shampoo and conditioner do you recommend?
5. How often should I wash my hair?
6. Should I use conditioner at all? Just on my ends?
After the Haircut:
7. What styling products should I use?
8. How much of them should I use?
9. Where should I apply them (roots, ends, all over)?
10. When should I apply them (right after I shower, once hair is somewhat dry)?
11. What styling tools should I use?
12. How should I use them? (Ask her to walk you through the styling processes step-by-step.)
13. What are some other ways I can style this cut? Any tricks for days I'm feeling lazy?
For All You Do, This Blow Dry's for You
So, you got the best haircut you've ever had in your life, but you're having trouble with your blow drying and stylin...
Heading "Straight for the Summer
Do you have moments of sheer anxiety, during the summer months, when someone even mentions the idea of going to the b...
Hay is for Horses
Let's not horse around. Before heading off on vacation, to the beach, to the pool, to your garden or just laying out ...